Featured Not resolved

I would like to spread the word and to just caution people to double check the fresh fish from Shaws.... My family and I purchased Sole, Haddock, and Salmon from the seafood department in the North Providence, RI market on July 20,2016.

We noticed small whitish/clear parasitc worms (Anisakis) wiggling around moving from one fillet to another..........Bob the night manager told me that I was the first person to complain about it. And they rudely laughed me out of the store....... The manager and employees need better training and to be more knowledgeable with food borne illnesses. The manager couldn't even tell me what kind of worms they were and didnt even know what symptoms to look for if i had ingested them.........so please fellow consumers if you bought any fish on July 20, 2016 from this Shaws or any others Shaws please check it properly before eating it.......

They sold a lot of fish that day and if my fillets were contaminated yours may have been too. Contact the store Asap!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Shaws Fresh Salmon.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

LadyScot
Naples, Florida, United States #1196640

This, according to the research I found, is very common. The internet is full of information for you.

LadyScot
Naples, Florida, United States #1196449

"he manager and employees need better training and to be more knowledgeable with food borne illnesses. The manager couldn't even tell me what kind of worms they were and didnt even know what symptoms to look for if i had ingested them"

This is information for a doctor to know, not a person working in a grocery store.

I have eaten salmon for decades and have never heard of worms in fish.

Saying that, they probably had never seen it or heard of it either, and thought you were pulling a prank on them.

How long between the time you bought the fish til you noticed the worms? When you went back to the store did you look at the fish case and see anymore?

I think there is a lot of information missing here, and I plan to investigate the worm issue to see what it could be.